Friday, February 10, 2012

How do I choose a good hair straightener?

All brand name popularity aside, what are the characteristics of an excellent hair straightener? I love the smooth ceramic plates, but is tourmaline really better, or the same?


What temperature should a straightener heat up to?


Is ionization really important?








I have a Corioliss right now, and it is phenomenal, but 3 years later it just doesn't heat up and work like it used to! It still is amazing, just not up-to-speed anymore. What are some things for me to look for in a new straightener?





I'm checking out flatirons on follicle.com right now.How do I choose a good hair straightener?
ghd





sooooooooooo expensive





but worth it honey!How do I choose a good hair straightener?
I swear by CHI flat-irons ONLY.





Also, yes, tourmaline is a lot less damaging to the hair cuticles. It will cause less hair breakage. Ceramic plates are more destructive even when using anti-breakage hair products.


Ionization is not important. Get a CHI, they are more pricey, but worth every penny.
I personally prefer smooth ceramic plates, I would think that the two are equal. Of course Chi and Paul Mitchel always make great Hair Straighteners. There is one by Paul that has a Temperature Dial and I always turn it up to the top notch. It works great.
I was facing the same problems as you but then I went to www.folica.com and read reviews. They didnt really help me much so I went to Target and bought the Bed Head Tigi Ceramic Hair Straightener. It is ceramic but it also is tourmaline so it is both of what you want. It works great!





Hope this Helps! %26lt;3
I have a corioliss as well, and it stopped heating but they replaced it for free, and it works perfectly. ionization is pretty important, it doesn't strip the moisture.
Make sure that it heats up to at least 300 degrees, if not then won't do anythings really.
Chi


and babyliss
go to google and type in ';top 10 hair straighteners';.

No comments:

Post a Comment