Friday, February 10, 2012

What is a really, really good hair straightener?

My hair is very very thick, curly, frizzy... you know the deal. I've had a Solano Sapphire Iron for 4 years, it's worked really well, but now it's getting old and my hair gets caught in it all the time, so I need a new hair straightener. What's one that will work really well on my hair? I'd prefer not to spend a TON of money, but I spent like $100 on my Solano one, so I guess I wouldn't really want to spend more than that. I've tried Conair (didn't do anything) and Helen of Troy (made my hair straight but really frizzy), and my Solano made my hair both straight and unfrizzed. I've heard good things about Chi, but I don't know if it's all hype or what.



Advice?What is a really, really good hair straightener?
As a stylist, I have used a lot of flat irons/hair straighteners, including Sedu, Hai, Infrashine, Chi, Paul Mitchell, Solia, Big Sexy, Andis, Babyliss Ghd, T3, Kenta etc. You should get a Professional hair straightener, they style much better and faster, and most importantly, they protect your hair.



In terms of performance:



The best ones are: Sedu, Kenta, Solia, Infrashine, Ghd. These are top of the line professional brands



Above average: Chi, Hai, Paul Mitchell,



Average: T3, Big Sexy, Andis, Babyliss



Below Average: Conair, Vidal Sassoon, Revlon, Bed Head etc. These are cheap consumer brands that you will find in drugstore. If you care about your hair, do NOT buy them.



Helpful Flat Iron Instruction Video:



How to Curl Hair With Straightener



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfoihBOzP/a>



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k57daS_c_/a>



http://www.folica.com/info/curl-hair-fla/a>



http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-curl/a>



How to Use a Flat Iron



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov7NWAWPb/a>



How to Add Volume to Your Hair:



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCyLM_kuu/a>



How to Create Sexy Waves with a Flat Iron



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7_Olhlb2/a>



How to Flip your Hair:



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrMPuIdQ0/a>



=== Tips for buying professional hair appliances ===



Do NOT buy professional hair appliances from unauthorized places like amazom.com, eBay, Target, Walmart, etc. Because if you do, manufacturers will refuse to honor the warranty. Buy from licensed places like salon, licensed professional beauty stores like Folica.com, Ulta.com, West Coast Beauty Supply Inc. etcWhat is a really, really good hair straightener?
Paul Mitchell hair straighteners are the best. You can get a salon to order it for you, it may be a little more but well worth it. I have seen this iron take a black persons un-relaxed hair bone straight. Also, use a heat protector spray that will prevent any more damage to your hair. Big and Sexy's anti-frizz spay is wonderful and non-oily.
Try the Wet 2 Straight Straightner. I got mine at a target for about $40.00. It works really good and it reduces frizz. You can use it on wet or dry hair and it works perfectly. I also have thick hair and this sraightner really does help.
chi and maxiglide!!!!!!

i love maxiglide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it combs your hair...and straighten at the same time!!! i love it.



and maxiglide is pure ceramic CHI is not....?? at least im not sure...

but maxiglide is pure ceramic .... u can touch the outside of it.



http://www.maxiusbeauty.com/



im african american and it makes my hair straight as a sheet. like seriously i can put it into a nice messy bun and everything and swing it and everything. i love it.
Have you tried the Bio-Ionic Conditioning Hair Straightener it works great...try using John Frieda's FRIZZ-EASE with it ...I have the exact hair type and I use that and it works great!!



After you wash your hair and blow dry it brush your hair out then put a small amount of FRIZZ-EASE in the palm of your hand and rub it together and then apply it to your hair (all over it) then straighten it.....your hair will shine and look great.



Hope this helps.
omg CHI.Its like the best hair straightnere ever. I have hair like yours and i use it all the time.I makes it feel soft and smooth and shiny and goood.It looks incredible also. It is kind of expensive but works wonders, and last lonngg. You should deff buy it or try it.Its awesome. =].
If you want a good flat iron that wont make yor hair frizzy nd it'll be beautiful with shine then you'll be paying a bit. I payed 200.00 for my chi iron and i did'nt even need to put tons of moisturizer to get a healthy shine it bring out the natural oils in your hair.My hair is really curly so I have a hard time with it but don't apply heat on it every day or it makes you hair weak. learn how to wrap your hair in a silky scarf and reduce to ironing every couple of days.Strong hair is better done natural.Oh yeah and the chi iron gives it lots of beautiful body. I hope I helped ypu good luck!!
try garnier sleeks system like everything shampoo conditioner and the sleek hair spritzer thing or got2b styletini root 2 tip hair silkener..... either works but the second choice is simpler... spray that on each layer but dont use too much or it will have a greasy effect.... then use a CHI straightener mines revelon and works perfect but i have thinnish medium hair
i wouldnt be without my ghd straighteners.



whatever you get just make sure its ceramic plated and not ceramic coated. this is the difference between the cheap and expensive ones, ppl think they are all ceramic so they are all the same but thats not the case. the ones that are ceramic coated leave your hair frizzy esp if you suffer from frizzy hair anyway
Well my natural hair is also really thick and curly

I use ';Toni and Guy';, any of their straighteners will do

They really do work

I got them for 拢40, and its also got a color lock in it, so if you've colored your hair and you straighten it nothing will happen to the color :)
i have the tigi bed head straightener.

the pink ones for long hair

and the blue ones for short hair.

its only $70 and it works soo good for me!

my hair stays super straight all day.

be sure to use products in your hair

before though to protect against heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment