Sunday, January 8, 2012

How to choose good hair straightener?

I have wavy hair and and Love straightening it and i do it quiet often nowadays. I am looking around for a good straightener, something that might not damage my hair and not make my hair dry like my current one does.





I need suggestions on how to pick a good straightener. If you have any suggestions on the best brands even better. Im looking not to spend more than 100$ (Max) and something that will last me a few years.





Thanks!How to choose good hair straightener?
Okay here goes.......All the previous suggestions are very good. My only twist on that would be if your black with wavy/curly hair you need something that will produce a lot of heat. Your hair needs it, but im sure you know what exactly it needs, cause you mentioned that you do it all the time.





Okay so first of all, Im glad to see that you are willing to spend some money on an iron. You actually recognize that the cheap ones are no good. If you are white and have regular wavy hair, you might be able to get by with the 25 setting iron. However im not sure thats the case for you.





When i was about 18, i bought myself this stove and flatiron for my hair. I am 26 now and still using the same stove and flatiron with the same excellent results. Sallys sells them so please go see what they can help you with.





Recently i went to get my hair done at a salon (i had never been and like i said im 26 lol) to experience my hair being done and being pampered. Any way when the girl was finished coloring and drying, she pulls out this electric flatiron. I almost split my sides laughing cause i just knew there was NO WAY that that thing was gonna work on my thick, very curly hair. Well it did work. Not quite as well as my trusty old stove and flatiron, but well enough to straighten my hair. So i bought one. Mainly for the reason that it took alot less time to heat up and it didnt burn my hand if i had the urge to grab it with the other hand lol. It was 120.00. I was willing to spend that cause i knew that for quality sometimes you have to pay a small price. But i can honestly say that the stove and iron i got 8 years ago is the best thing i ever did.





The reason that the other suggestions are good is because i dont know if your hair is fine or coarse, thick, thin, super wavy, or a little wavy, short, long whatever. If you have fine, easy hair, go for the electrical straightener but make sure it heats to AT LEAST 375 degrees. If it doesnt, its a waste of mone. If you have the quintessential black coarse, thick and curly hair, i think you should really consider investing in a stove and flatiron and learning how to use it. I had to learn my temperature and so on and i havent burnt all my hair out finding out whats for me.








The electrical iron i bought heats to 400 degrees. Some days thats not enough for my hair so i kinda switch back and forth between the two.How to choose good hair straightener?
I agree about going to Sallys beauty supply, they are great about helping you pick products out for your type of hair etc. Just make sure that it is a ceramic straightener, other kinds dont work and hurt your hair more. My straightener is a straightener and a wide curling iron in one and has a button you click to change from one to the other. I only spent about $25 on it and have no complaints, not to mention it works great and i think i have pretty much the hardest hair to have to straighten because its so thick and wavy naturally.It's by conair and is called instant heat and the heat can be adjusted up to 25. Good luck!
The one thing that you should look for in a straitner is a heat control dial. So that if somedays your hair is waveier than others then turn the heat up, and if somedays it is straiter then turn it down a little. That is what I do, and my hair isn't damaged at all!
i bought a great straightening iron a couple of months ago, it's called Corioliss Pro the Pink version. It's limited edition..in the past i've tried so many straightening irons, spend lots of money on them, didn't last long, and damaged my hair..but this one doesn't damage your hair at all, you can use it as many times as you want, it won't damage or dry your hair. Search online for it, i just searched ebay and they have it pretty cheap..i originally bought it for $110 and i saw on ebay as cheap as $70..i really recomend this product!! 5 Stars :-)
You should try a blow dryer like I have it has a hairbrush on the end I cant think of the name of it, my girlfriend used it for years for her hair and I resently bought one its amazing go to SALLYS beauty supply only, it should have three brush attachments, no defuser its rectangle, same shape as a toothbrush

No comments:

Post a Comment