Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I have a Remington wet/dry straightener. My hair is always fried and never stays straight any suggestions?

i DON'T straighten my hair when it is wet I Blow Dry it


the straightening balm is Beyond the Zone's Straight Shot.


i have very thick hair.I have a Remington wet/dry straightener. My hair is always fried and never stays straight any suggestions?
it could be that you just have a lot of dead ends and your hair just need a break from the straightner!! I usually have a trim every 3 months to keep my hair really healthy look, also, when getting out of the shower NEVER brush your hair. Use a thick tooth comb so comb it out and get rid of the tangles ..you know when you brush your hair and it sounds like elactic bands snapping? that's your hair breaking off which cause lots of fly aways and split ends which make your hair even look more fried!! Try using salon shampoo and if you have a weekend of just being lazy and staying how then let your hair air dry and give it a nice break!!I have a Remington wet/dry straightener. My hair is always fried and never stays straight any suggestions?
Hi there,





I understand your problem. I also have thick hair and it's taken me literally two years to find the perfect straighteners!





I would say the reason that your hair doesn't stay straight is because either your straighteners aren't good enough for your thick locks or that you need to straighten your hair in layers. I would suggest trying the layers first and then maybe looking into some new straighteners if you want them that much. I use GHDs and although they are expensive, work a treat!





And due to your frazzled hair, I suggest that you use a heat defence shampoo and conditioner, followed by a heat defence serum to really protect your hair before you blow dry and straighten it, Also, give your hair a break! Straightening your hair every day is extremely bad for it, and it often needs a rest.





I hope this helps!





Rosie =]
i have the exact same problem. best straightener i ever found was the ghd one, its very expensive but it works the best, i promise - i have tried a few! wet to dry i tried, no good at all - it made it frizzier! their heat protector spray is good too you can get it in salons. i have also found that a conditioner from the shop Lush called Retread, is very very good. and its old fashioned but ther is a little tube of serum type stuff called vitapointe that is super cheap that you run through the ends of your hair etc, it calms it and reduces frizz. you use it when your hair is dry, any time. you can get tit in boots and tesco. last tip - i have over last few years had my hair chemicaly straightened at an afro carribean hairdressers, they have straighteners that suit european hair too, which is me - i am just a frizzy brunette but this is like a reverse perm and it make s your hair poker straight then you just get your roots done as and when. i tend to just have that done in teh summer when humidity gets to my hair or if on holiday with lots of swimming cos its good to give it a rest from the chemicals occasionally but then you dont have to fear rain or anything, your hair gets wet, it dries straight all by itself. its like a miracle honestly, you feel released from the endless straighhtening! you just have to keep your hair in good condition, thats all, lots of conditioner and its fine, ive had no problems except a few split ends but a regular trim deals with that.again its expensive well to me it is, maybe 拢65 first time, 拢35 for roots but its worth every penny when you suffer like we do! good luck! oh - one last thing, john frieda do a new range called weather protect or something that helpd reduce frizz in the damp - i am going to try that soon and maybe you could too, it looks good. their frizz ease range is excellent.
it's probably not a good straightening iron. i have thick curly hair, and i use a chi turbo straightner.it's kinda expensive (about $120), but it's really good! it's also cermamic, which is better for your hair than regular straightners.
I have thick hair and I find that Babyliss straighteners are the best, they make it look like I have thin her and are as good as ghds, also a 1/4 of the price. Don't waste your time on the remington ones.
I use the same one, but I have relaxed hair that is straight anyway. I have thick, textured hair, and the flat iron doesn't even keep that part straight.





Try a new flat iron.
Try a different straightener. Also try a heat protector spray. I use FX Special Effects Heat Protector. Make sure you use really good shampoo and conditioner to keep your hair healthy.
Its because Remington SUCKS on thick hair.


No matter how hot you turn it up, it won't stay straight.


Get a better flat iron
I have one of those too and they are crap straighteners. Get an ION or a ceramic straightener and you will end up with straiter hair faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment