Thursday, January 5, 2012

Do ';wet to dry hair'; straighteners really damage hair?

The latest wet-to-dry hair straightener on the market that will not damage your hair is only available to professional stylists. It is a ceramic straightener with tourmaline plates. The tourmaline in the plates create negative ions and generate optimal infrared heat. This causes the water to disperse into smaller droplets that penetrate the hair shaft to keep it moist and eliminates frizz. Be aware that they are very expensive, the really good ones can run you over $160.00. If you have a friend in the business, or maybe your regular stylist, ask them if they'll purchase one for you.Do ';wet to dry hair'; straighteners really damage hair?
wow...you picked the only person who told you what you WANTED to hear...not all the rest of us who told you the truth. have fun with your fried hair.

Report Abuse


Do ';wet to dry hair'; straighteners really damage hair?
not all straightners damage your hair, just the wet to dry ones, trust me i learned it the hard way. now i had to cut my hair really short.
All heated appliances damage your hair. So it's really important to use heat protective products when using heated hair appliances.





Wet to dry straightners are more damaging to your hair because when your hair is wet it has more elasticity and by applying the heated appliance to wet your your weakening the hair which makes it more prone to breakage.
yes. they tottaly fry your hair.
all hair straigteners damage your hair.
well not mine instead with the ceramic iron it was improved
I have heard the wet to dry irons do damage your hair. I have curly hair and have been straightening mine for several years. I use the Maxius-Maxi Glide. It steams your hair as it straightens it, so it is adding moisture while it is working. Also you can set the temperature for your type of hair so it won't overheat it. They are a little expensive but are well worth it. My hair stylist says that she can't tell I use one, my hair is in good shape.
Yes, they do. When hair is wet, it is fragile and can be easily damaged by heat. Having said that, one should always try to dry her or his hair 95% dry and then style it.
i have very curly hair and have been straightening it for years. i don't suggest a wet to dry straightener only because it causes frizz. i blow dry my hair with an ionic blowdryer first. one of my friends is my hair stylist and i gave her money and she picked me up a professional straightener that gets VERY hot... it actually leaves your hair feeling silky since it straightens it in one swipe. its a hot tools professional iron. i would look it up on ebay. i have tried everything over the years and im very pleased with it. i actually havent had my hair trimmed since august and i dont have any split or dry ends.
i hav wet to dry staighteners n they work really gd on me n my hair isnt damanged very much but most of the time straighteners will damage ur hait
YER i wouldnt go down that lane if i was u !!
Yes!!! All straighteners cause damage, but these cause more damage than most.





They take the moisture out of your hair, along with the natural oils so it makes your hair dry and more prone to breakage. I don't suggest using one.
Yea I have one..I used it once on damp hair, and I did not like the way it turned out. If I kept using it, I'm sure it would have fried my hair. My advice; dont get it.
Yes. Its like they fry your hair, Thats why any time you put any heat on your hair you should put ';heat defence'; spray, serum ect on your hair as heat on your hair is bad. So putting straighteners on your hair when your hair is wet is SO SO bad to do. Dont be so lazy, wash and dry your hair put serum/spray on then straighten when its all dry, much much better for your hair and straightens better, a straightener isnt made to dry your hair, thats why we have hair DRYERS! xBx

No comments:

Post a Comment